Thursday, January 5, 2017

So, this blogging thing...

For many years I've used writing as a therapeutic tool. A few things I've shared, most are just stuffed away on my computer or in notebooks. A couple of times I've tried to start blogging, but I never know what to share. What should remain private, what would i regret, what would ever be read. The result is, that I mostly wrote rather impersonal stuff, and quickly lost interest. This time, I have a feeling it's gonna be different.

BM is closing. I don't know if you know what it is, and it doesn't really matter. Suffice to say, that it's made me think. A lot of things have changed recently. I finally completed my education, I've moved to a house that's all mine, I found a way to accept more of myself, and I punched I hole in the depression bubble that's been strangling me. I'm still practicing not being ashamed of myself, and trying to learn that I'm actually worth something. And I've decided that being more open and honest - about both good and bad stuff - is the way to go. Admitting mistakes and weaknesses have been extremely empowering in getting this far, helping me separate the things that I can actually get better at, from the things I blame myself for, without reason or end.

I imagine that this could be an outlet, a therapy, and maybe even an inspiration? I might very well post anything from anxiety ramblings to knitting tips or political opinions to vacation experiences. Guess time will tell. Oh, and I'll probably post in Danish too. Sometimes I just feel like writing in English, there doesn't have to be a reason.

Happy new year everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment